You can have Marinara Sauce using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marinara Sauce
- Prepare 3 of medium onions sliced and quartered.
- You need to taste of garlic.
- It’s 4 of carrots diced.
- You need 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of red peppers diced.
- You need 1 bunch of a freshly diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need 2 of big cans whole tomatoes.
- You need to taste of fresh basil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Some Italian seasoning to your liking.
Marinara Sauce step by step
- Take the onions and garlic and sauté in olive oil. Sauté them till they are translucent.. Then add carrots,celery,red peppers and cook till al dente..
- Then I add my diced fresh tomatoes to the pot. Add the tomato paste and the whole tomatoes to the pot. Then add the basil, salt,pepper and Italian seasoning to your taste. I let this cook on stove for three hours. I do canned them after I am finished cooking..