Ladybirds Chicken and Vegetablese Pie(s). Chicken and Vegetable Pie is an amazing family-friendly meal. Chicken Thigh Fillets are combined with chopped leek, broccoli and a can of Mushroom Soup. Delicious & Easy creamy chicken pie 🙂 recipe & cook with me!
Plenty of vegetables and chicken goes into this simple pot pie filling. Serve with baked pieces of pie crust, puff pastry, crescent rolls, or biscuits. This pie gets its velvety richness from olive oil, wine, low-fat milk, and a double dose of vegetables. You can have Ladybirds Chicken and Vegetablese Pie(s) using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Chicken and Vegetablese Pie(s)
- You need 3 of sheets short cut pastry or only 2 sheets if making 1 large pie.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts skins removed.
- Prepare 1 of corn cob , corn removed from cob (use unused corn cob for the stock).
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped finely , use scrap bits for the stock.
- You need 1 of carrot – chopped finely – use peel and unused bits for the stock.
- It’s 1 of whole red chili.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 of cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of chicken salt.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic – minced.
- You need 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need 1 of handfull chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 of handful oregano.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken stock – i used my home made chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of thickened cream.
- You need 1 tsp of condensed cream of chicken soup – optional.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Place the chicken mixture in bottom of the prepared pie dish. Cover with top pastry, seal edges, and cut away excess pastry. A vegetable packed pie great for giving to children.
Ladybirds Chicken and Vegetablese Pie(s) step by step
- Cut the chicken breast into small chunks ..
- Peel the carrots and cut into little pieces . Remove the corn from the cob (cut off with a knife) then steam them both till tender , remove from heat and set aside to cool until needed ..
- In a large frying pan/skillet , heat a little oil , i used Olive oil spray , then add the chicken pieces along with the mince garlic , salt and pepper and cook , stirring occasionally , until all is cooked through and lightly golden , at this stage i removed half the cooked chicken pieces so i could make a couple without vegetables and set aside till needed ..
- With the remaining half the cooked chicken in the pan , add the chicken stock and the cream and stir to combine , then add the carrots and corn bits and stir to combine , bring to the boil and reduce to simmer , simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until the liquid has reduce by about half , if it is taking to long to thicken then you can add a teaspoon full of condensed cream of chicken soup and stir through until thickened . Then take off the heat and set aside to cool until needed ..
- With the other half cooked chicken removed from the pan , add to a smaller pan and heat , then add the chicken stock and the cream and stir and simmer for few minutes until it reduces and thickens , and as above if needed add a teaspoon of the cream of chicken soup and stir in well to combine until it reduces , then set aside to cool until needed ..
- If making one large one leave all the ingredients together and set aside to cool until needed once cooked ..
- Cut your pastry sheets into 6 pie bases and 6 pie lids to fit your flan tins , or make one large one to fit one large flan tin , depending on your size flan tins ..
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and lightly grease your flan tins and set aside till needed.
- Now mould your pre cut pastry circles into the prepared flan tins and press down to mould fully ..
- Now taking the prepared , cooled , cooked creamy chicken mixtures and carefully spoon them evenly into the prepared pastry shells , either one or all 6 ..
- Once pastry shells are full , place one pie lid per filled she shell and press down to seal shut tightly so not to open and spill whilst cooking and if a fully sealed lid then make a could little slits in the lid so that the steam can escape whilst cooking ..
- Brush prepared filled pie pastry lids with a little milk to help the get a golden colour whilst cooking and place them into the Preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown for the little individual ones or for 45-55 minutes for the large one or until golden brown ..
- Once cooked remove from heat and let stand for few minutes before removing them from their tins . Once cooked slightly , remove them from the flan tins and serve hot on a serving plate with sides of your choice . Enjoy . :-).
Get them involved in the cooking. Measure the pastry against the pie dish and once the pastry is slightly larger than the top, lift it carefully over the dish. It might be helpful to use the rolling pin to help you move the pastry. All Reviews for Chicken and Vegetable Potpie. Chicken and Vegetable Potpie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.