Vegetable Mint Pulao. Add mixed veggies and chopped mint/ pudina. Mint pulao is a flavourful, perfect for lunch box or in you plate. When you buy a bunch of mint leaves and want to finish it quick, this is the best.
Mint pulao is very tasty and fragrant dish that can be paired with any curry or just plain raita! Adding vegetables like fresh peas and potato gives it a new dimension. Now fresh peas are in season make. You can have Vegetable Mint Pulao using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Mint Pulao
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice washed and kept aside.
- You need 1 of large onion finely sliced.
- You need 1 of tomato finely chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized potato cut to small cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of desi ghee.
- You need 2 inch of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of black cardamom.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 2-3 of peppercorns and 2 cloves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of mint powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Fresh mint and coriander leaves chopped for ganish.
- You need 5-6 strands of saffron soaked in warm milk.
The flavour of fresh mint along. Take out the spices into a blender (I like the bullet). Add a bunch of fresh Mint leaves and Salt. Mint Pulao is a very popular recipe.
Vegetable Mint Pulao step by step
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves, black cardamom, and bay leaf..
- Once the whole spices starts to crackle, add sliced onions. Fry till golden brown..
- Add the chopped vegetables and chopped ginger garlic. Saute well..
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mint powder. Cook vegetables for 5-6 minutes. Add half of the saffron milk to it..
- Add Basmati rice and mix it well the vegetables..
- Add 1 and a half cup of water and cook rice and vegetables together. Add saffron milk. Keep the strands separate..
- The amount of water to be added in a Pulao or Biryani majorly depends on the quality of rice you are using. Add only that much amount of water in which the rice gets cooked and not overcook or gets mushy..
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the flame and add freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves. Serve hot with Boondi raita and pickle..
Learn how to make/prepare Mint Pulao by following this easy recipe. When the pulao is nearly ready toss in the fresh mint leaves and. Shahi Pulao or Vegetable Pulao is an exotic rice dish that combines spicy and aromatic vegetables served over rice. Rich with flavor, this is an extraordinary dish. You may also call this Biryani.