You can have Pasta Carbonara using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- Prepare 200 g of pasta of your choice (spaghetti/fettuccine/penne).
- Prepare 50 g of smoked beef/bacon ham (thickly sliced).
- It’s 1 of medium size onion (sliced).
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms of your choice (shimeji/champignon).
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh milk.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of all purpose flour.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of beef stock (store-bought).
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of pasta water.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley (chopped).
Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Boil the pasta as instructed in the package. Usually around 10 minutes. Save the pasta water..
- Melt butter in a skillet. Stir-fry the onions until fragrant, then add bacon ham/smoked beef slices. Follow with the mushrooms, salt-pepper and beef stock. Cook them for 2 minutes..
- Pour in half of the pasta water and bring to a boil. Lower down the heat to low. Add the milk and cheese. Adjust the sauce thickness to your liking with all purpose flour..
- Lastly, toss the pasta in the sauce. Mix them well..
- Turn off the heat, then transfer the pasta to a plate. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!.