Mentaiko Pasta. Mentaiko: I know mentaiko is not easy to find unless your I hope you will enjoy making this Mentaiko Pasta recipe! If you try it, don't forget to share your. Mentaiko Pasta (明太子パスタ) is a delicious Japanese-style cod roe pasta that comes together in a matter of minutes from just a handful of ingredients.
A Japanese-invented pasta, Mentaiko Pasta is a spaghetti coated with brined spicy cod roe with Japanese seasonings and butter. It is a very quick and simple pasta, and so tasty. This creamy mentaiko pasta will work like magic if you're the kind of person who enjoys both mentaiko and spaghetti, together! You can cook Mentaiko Pasta using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mentaiko Pasta
- Prepare of Spaghetti for two.
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of whipping cream or heavy cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need Dash of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of sacks of spicy mentaiko.
- It’s of Garnish:.
- It’s of Shredded seaweed [optional].
What makes this version special is not only the fresh spaghetti. Mentaiko spaghetti has become a classic of the Japanese-Italian kitchen, and is popular on late-night menus as an accompaniment to heavy drinking. It's also as easy as can be: a bowl of buttery noodles. Mentaiko is marinated pollock roe and a popular ingredient in Japanese cuisine.
Mentaiko Pasta step by step
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add some salt and cook the spaghetti about 10-15 minutes..
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, melted butter, soy sauce and black pepper. Stir to combine..
- Cut the mentaiko sac in half and squeeze out the roe from the sac with hands or knife into the bowl..
- Mix well and discard the membrane..
- When the spaghetti is done, drain and transfer to the large bowl with the sauce..
- Toss to combine until the butter is melted and the sauce is evenly distributed. Taste and adjust with black pepper and salt if desired..
- Serve immediately, garnished with shredded seaweed (optional)..
Using it to make mentaiko pasta (明太子パスタ) is my favourite way to enjoy this ingredient. This classic Tokyo pasta dish, adapted from a recipe by chef Tadashi Ono, gets pungent flavor from the spicy marinated pollock roe called mentaiko. Mentaiko is a marinaded pollack or cod roe. There really isn't much different which egg it is; the texture and While mentaiko spaghetti is Japanese cooking, mentaiko in and of itself is actually Korean. You'll love this mentaiko pasta, also known as wafu pasta or Japanese carbonara.