Vegetables Upma. Vegetable Upma (a savory semolina preparation) is a wholesome South Indian Breakfast Recipe. Vegetable upma is very easy to prepare and it is also healthy as we are adding load of vegetables. Today we will learn how to make vegetable rava upma following this easy recipe with step wise.
Home » FoodFood » Sanjeev Kapoor Kitchen » Vegetable Upma. How to make Vegetable Upma -. A healthy breakfast option – semilona and vegetables cooked together and lightly tempered with. You can have Vegetables Upma using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetables Upma
- It’s 1 cup of semolina/rava(I have used thin variety).
- You need 2 tbsp of finely chopped carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thinely chopped french beans.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely chopped green capsicum.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of urad dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare leaves of Few curry.
- It’s 2-3 of spicy green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chillies.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 cup of hot water.
- It’s 1 cup of hot milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 2 tbsp of roasted cashewnuts.
- You need leaves of Finely chopped fresh coriander.
Vegetable Rava upma is one of the most common traditional south indian breakfast dish and its enjoyed with plain coconut chutney, sambar, green mint chutney or even pickle. This Vegetable Rava Upma Recipe is a must-try for those who love to enjoy South Indian breakfast recipes. With this easy vegetable upma recipe with photos, you can prepare a tasty and filling. Vegetable Upma as the name goes contains lots of vegetables in it.
Vegetables Upma step by step
- In kadhai add heat oil. Add cashewnuts and roast till crispy pinkish. Remove in plate. Now add urad dal in hot oil, saute it,as it turns pinkish,add mustard seeds as it splutter, add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and dry red chillies saute for 30 secs..
- Add chopped carrot,french beans, green capsicum,mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes..
- Add semolina/ rava,mix well and saute on low flame for 10 minutes till nice aroma of roasted semolina comes. On other gas flame keep hot water and milk for boiling on low flame..
- After 10 minutes add hot water,milk and salt, stirring continuously so no lump are formed. Add ghee, mix well and cook for 1 minute. (If you don't want to add milk..then add 3 cups of hot water)..
- Add fried cashewnuts mix well and off the flame..
- Serve/ Relish Delicious Hot Vegetables Upma garnishing with fresh coriander leaves..
The only time to be spent on is in dicing the vegetables which can well be done before hand. This vegetable Upma can be prepared. Vegetable Upma is a healthy South Indian breakfast recipe, typically made with roasted semolina and sautéed veggies. Upma is a go-to breakfast option for most of the Indian households. Vegetable upma is a traditional South Indian breakfast dish.