Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan. It's naturally gluten-free, vegetarian and can also be made vegan if you'd like. And most importantly, it tastes sooo much better than the canned stuff!<br />. Homemade tastes so much better than canned!
This is a traditional vegetarian refried bean recipe that tastes great with hardly any fat! You can sprinkle in Monterey jack cheese if you like. Vegetarian Refried Beans. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- Prepare 1 lb of dried pinto beans.
- You need 1 of small onion, whole but peel this one.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, whole don't peel these.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Another small onion, peel and rough chop this one.
- Prepare 2 of more cloves garlic if small use 3, peel & coarsely chop these.
- It’s of Good tasting vegetable oil that you like.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Water.
These Vegan Refried Beans are made completely from scratch using dried Pinto Beans and an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. These easy Crock Pot Refried Beans are a happy new staple around here. Creamy refried beans from scratch, right in your Crock Pot! With a simple list of ingredients, these lard-free vegetarian and vegan refried beans are a cinch to make.
Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan step by step
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain and rinse well. Using fresh water and large pot, cover beans by at least 4 inches of water, bring to boil, add a Tb salt, 1 small onion (peeled but not cut), and 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled. Lower heat, cover, and cook beans until soft, about 90 mins – 2 hours. Drain beans and discard onion and garlic. Do not omit this step. You must remove it all..
- In bowl of lg food processor, add 1/2 of the beans, 2/3 cup water, second onion, & garlic cloves, 2 tsps salt & little pepper. Process to a thinnish pasty mixture. (Next batch will be thicker mixture). Put 1st batch in lg bowl, set aside..
- Second batch will be beans & water only. Put the rest of beans in processor, add 1/4 cup water and process until very thick mixture where you have a choice here to leave it a bit chunky to get a bite or add more water and process until smooth. 2 batches will have 2 different consistencies. Mix both together..
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil in very large skillet. Add beans, stir and cook beans about 15 mins, keep stirring, adding more water if needed to get correct consistency. Taste and adjust salt..
- Serve with anything you like. Tomatoes, diced onions, lettuce, cheddar, sour cream, salsa, chopped chives, olives, jalapenos, candied jalapenos, my new fave, etc..
Neither vegans nor vegetarians eat meat. These refried black beans are vegan, gluten-free and oil free! They're the perfect super healthy addition to your taco Tuesday feast! It's no secret that I am a veggie lover living amongst carnivores. When I make tacos I always cook ground beef for my tribe, and these Homemade Refried Black.