Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian). Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini – a delicious and super flavorful filling with vegetables, cheeses and Panko. Great for a Meatless Monday meal or a side dish for roasted or grilled meats. I love cooking with zucchini and other types of squash!
A vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crispy Parmesan cheese and panko topping. Adapted from Cooking Light's Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs. Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Chiles, Cheddar, and Cotija CheeseKalyn's Kitchen. You can cook Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian)
- It’s 2 of zucchini.
- It’s 2 of mozzarella slices.
- It’s 1/4 of texturized soy (dry).
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 2 of green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of seeds (I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds and chia seeds).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Spices: Garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne and cumin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (homemade or already done).
Full of great veggies, protein rich quinoa and just a bit of mozzarella. Zucchini has a high water content, making it low in calories. So, once you stuff it with some flavorful veggies and the protein. Place zucchini in baking dish and fill with stuffing mix.
Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) instructions
- First cut the zucchini in 2 parts and quit the seeds part. Put in the oven the zucchini for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Cut the inside of the zucchini in small dices, also the mushrooms and the green onions.
- The texturized soy put it in the microwave for 5 minutes with the same volume of water than texturized soy.
- Put in a frying pot the olive oil, and put the zucchini dices, the texturized soy, the green onions and the mushrooms (in this order, wait a little bit between all of them). Put all the seasoning once the mushrooms are almost done, and the tomate sauce. Once everything is mixed, let it cooling down..
- Take the zucchinis and put the mixture inside. If you want you can add some egg to get more consistency.
- Put the mozzarella and the seeds and again to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy!!! You will be surprised of how the texturized soy tastes to ground turkey or so. This dish is great nutritionally talking, super tasty and delicious! Tell me if you try :).
- Nutrient information + texturized soy.
This is a yummy light, "Veggieful" meal that is a great alternative to the usual beef-stuffed. Zucchini has never been tastier than when stuffed with Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, chopped tomatoes and mushrooms with basil. With basil, fresh tomatoes and cracker crumbs, these Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Boats are sure to be a hit. Pat the zucchini dry and fill the cavity with the stuffing. Go ahead and really pack the filling in there before mounding it on top.