Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf. This is Chả Trứng Chay, also known as Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf (made vegan!) It's a very comforting homestyle dish that is so easy to pull together, very. With added veggies, eggs, spices, and a mixture of pork and seafood, it's a more complex meatloaf that can easily anchor a meal. Tofu-based chả chay (a vegetarian version of the chả lụa I mentioned above) is excellent, though it can be tough to go truly vegetarian because fish sauce contributes a lot.
The ONLY Vietnamese Steamed Egg Meatloaf recipe you'll need. With moist mince blanketed by a golden yolk glaze, this meatloaf will be the new favourite! Egg Meatloaf or Egg Cake is a popular dish in the South of Vietnam. You can cook Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf
- You need 15 g of wood ear mushrooms.
- You need 20 g of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot shredded or grated.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 60 g of mung bean noodles glass noodles.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
Its Vietnamese name is Cha Trung. People in the South often serve a slice or wedge of egg meatloaf with grilled pork chop and rice. Cha trung is a Vietnamese dish that falls somewhere between a quiche and a meatloaf. An aromatic ground pork and vermicelli noodle mixture gets steamed in a pot with water.
Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf step by step
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes. Once they are softened, squeeze out excess water in the shiitake mushrooms and thinly slice both mushrooms..
- Soak mung bean noodles in cold water for about 15 minutes then cut them into 2 inch sections..
- Crack 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites into a large bowl and save the 2 egg yolks in a small bowl for later use..
- Add milk into the large bowl and use a whisk to mix until homogenous. Add all the ingredients, except for the egg yolks, into the large bowl and mix..
- Spray some oil in a mini loaf pan and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Smooth out he top surface as much as possible since anything that sticks out of the surface will likely to be charred during the air frying process..
- Air fry at 280F (140C) for 16-18 minutes until the egg is set..
- In the meantime, add a pinch of salt into the small bowl containing the egg yolks and mix..
- When the egg loaf is done, pour the egg yolk on top and spread it evenly over the egg loaf. Air fry again at 400F (200C) for about 2 minutes until the egg yolks are hardened..
You'll often see it cooked in the shape of a loaf pan (like a meatloaf), but you could use a large soup bowl as well. Recipe for Vegetarian Vietnamese Steamed Meatloaf (Chả Trứng Chay). You won't know that it doesn't have any meat in it, and it's quick and easy We made this delicious vegetarian Vietnamese steamed meatloaf yesterday because we would like to have vegetarian dishes once or twice a month. The combination of a soft moist steamed egg with minced meat, glass noodle and black fungus. Cha Trung Hap is another best dish that you can make with minced meat and eggs.