Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles.
You can cook Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles
- Prepare 6 of corn tortillas.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 C. of cooked black beans.
- It’s 2 of hatch green chiles.
- You need 1 C. of Vegetable stock.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need of Cotija cheese.
- Prepare of cilantro.
- Prepare of jalapeños, sliced.
Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice tortillas into strips. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, chili powder, and sugar. Bake for 10- 15 minutes. Will crisp up while cooling..
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Add in the garlic cook another 1 minute..
- Add cumin. Sauté 1 minute until fragrant. Add black beans and Hatch green chiles. Stir to combine..
- Add the baked tortilla strips onto the skillet. Pour 1/2 C. Broth over the strips. Press in the tortilla strips. Add more broth as needed. Should be moist not soupy..
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with cojita cheese, cilantro, and jalapeños if desired..
- Cook eggs to your preference. (I crack an egg into a cold pan season with salt and pepper, cover with lid and turn heat to medium and cook until desired doneness. I like mine runny. 😋).