Vegetable Filling for Manju for Vegetarians.
You can have Vegetable Filling for Manju for Vegetarians using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Filling for Manju for Vegetarians
- You need 2 of Onion (minced).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of Japanese leek (sliced into thin rounds).
- It’s 1 of Dried shiitake mushrooms (finely chopped).
- It’s 5 grams of Cellophane noodles (dried, cut into 2 cm sections).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Miso.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tahini or peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
Vegetable Filling for Manju for Vegetarians step by step
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, then sauté onions with a dash of salt..
- When the onions become tender, add 50 ml of water (not listed), cover pan with a lid, then steam cook for about 10 minutes (stirring from time to time to prevent burning)..
- When the onions turn golden brown, add the Japanese leek and dried shiitake mushroom, quickly sauté, then add the cellophane noodles and let sit to reconstitute..
- When the noodles become soft, add the miso and tahini (or peanut butter), and mix. If the mixture is too watery, cook over low heat to evaporate off the moisture..