Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad. Asian Cucumber Salad – healthy cucumber salad with Asian spices. A perfect appetizer for any meals. The key to making a great Asian cucumber salad lies in the dressing.
Traditionally made with papaya, but we're using cucumbers today. Also really popular is green mango. I'm looking forward to employing some of our bumper cucumber crop on this. You can cook Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad
- You need 6-7 of Persian cucumbers.
- It’s 1/4 c of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of shoyu or tamari.
- Prepare 2 tsp of agave syrup or sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce, or to taste.
Cucumbers are tossed with Asian-inspired seasonings and marinated for a great side dish to serve cold. Whisk soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, hot chili oil, and red pepper flakes in a salad bowl. Stir in cucumbers to coat with dressing. A spicy Asian cucumber salad that's crunchy & refreshing with a bit of heat!
Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad instructions
- Wash and trim cucumbers. Cut into chunks. Place cucumbers in a bowl..
- Place remainder of ingredients in the bowl..
- Toss ingredients well to combine..
- Top with sesame seeds as a garnish if you wish. Serve..
Marinated cucumbers tossed with chili flakes, chili oil, and fresh herbs! Random fact about me: I can eat an excessive amount of cucumbers. I definitely eat more than my fair share and have been known to hoard them in my. This spicy cucumber salad contains many of the same ingredients as cucumber kimchi but it isn't fermented, so you can eat it right away. The cucumbers are thinly sliced and coated in a zesty blend of vinegar, sesame, and gochugaru (also known as Korean red pepper powder, which I highly.