Taco Salad. A taco salad is a Tex-Mex dish that combines ingredients used in Tex-Mex tacos. The salad is served with a fried flour tortilla shell stuffed with shredded iceberg lettuce and topped with diced tomatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole. This Taco Salad is quick, flavorful, hearty, a total breeze to make and it's a dinner everyone can agree on both young and old alike!
Put a twist on conventional taco salad recipe with this quick version using French dressing. Like all salad recipes, this one is great to play with. Swap in the veggies you have on hand or adjust the toppings to make something you really love. You can have Taco Salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taco Salad
- It’s 2 lbs of ground beef or ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 pkg of taco seasoning.
- It’s 3 of romaine lettuce hearts.
- Prepare 1 can of black olives.
- It’s 1/2 lb of colby jack cheese – Shredded.
- You need 1 pint of cherry tomatoes – halved.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onion.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s of Avocado.
- It’s of Doritos.
- Prepare of Catalina Dressing.
This Taco Salad recipe is everyone's' favorite ground beef (or turkey!) tacos in salad form. It's bursting with bold, satisfying Tex-Mex flavors and layers of fresh, creamy, crunchy textures. Taco salad is an easy light meal or side dish. It's a great crowd-pleaser, and an easy dish to bring to a potluck or other gathering.
Taco Salad step by step
- Cook meat in a large pan. Once fully cooked add in taco season. Follow instructions on the taco seasoning when preparing..
- Cut up remaining salad ingredients and add into a large mixing bowl. Mix in taco meat..
- Add topping to individual salads to have the freshest salad..
This Taco Salad recipe is made with ground beef, chopped lettuce and all your favorite toppings, including nacho-flavored Doritos tortilla chips! This Taco Salad recipe is the absolute best! How to make the ULTIMATE Taco Salad! Nobody will miss the meat in this colorful, zesty vegetarian taco salad. The rice and bean mixture can be made ahead and the salad quickly.