Creamy Cucumber Salad. Reviews for: Photos of Dad's Creamy Cucumber Salad. Creamy Cucumber Salad – just like Grandma made! This classic recipe is made with fresh cucumbers, red onions, fresh dill, and a handful of other ingredients for a side dish that everyone will.
Cool, herbaceous, and refreshing, this creamy cucumber salad is the perfect accompaniment to any number of summer entrees, including barbecue pulled pork. This is the best way to use up garden cucumbers. Cook time is the chill time. You can cook Creamy Cucumber Salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Prepare 3 of cucumbers.
- You need 20-30 of small tomatoes (grape or cherry) work good.
- It’s 1/2 of Medium red onion.
- You need of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of mayo.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 TBSP of sugar.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of cidar vinegar.
- It’s 1 TSP of garlic powder.
- Prepare bunch of fresh dill.
- Prepare Pinch of red pepper (cayenne) opinional.
This Creamy Cucumber Salad recipe is a classic family favorite recipe. Thinly sliced cucumbers and onion are tossed in a creamy vinaigrette for an easy side dish. This creamy cucumber salad, also known as German cucumber salad, is a refreshing combination of cucumbers, red onion and dill tossed in a simple dressing. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals!
Creamy Cucumber Salad step by step
- Cut the 3 cucumbers anyway you'd like. I skin some of the peel off mine and then cut them length wise and scrape out the seeds. Then I slice them..
- Cut tomatoes in half..
- Put the tomatoes and cucumber slices in a bowl and toss in salt. Let sit for about an hour and drain as much water as possible.No need to rinse..
- Chop up onion and set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients; mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, sugar, apple cidar vinegar, and dill..
- After draining the excess water from tomatoes and cucumbers add the onion and mayo mixture (dressing). Stir together well. Let chill in fridge for one hour and enjoy..
This exceptionally delicious creamy Cucumber Salad is a summer time favorite! Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad is fresh crisp cucumbers, sun ripened tomatoes and sweet onions in a luscious sour cream mayonnaise dill base. The best, easy, creamy cucumber salad recipe ever! It takes just minutes to throw together, uses simple ingredients, and stores well, too.