Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta. Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta Hello everybody, it's me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, cheesy béchamel sauce penne pasta. For mine, I will make it a bit unique.
Cheesy Baked Pasta with Spinach & Mushrooms. Penne pasta in homemade bechamel sauce with sautéed mushrooms and spinach. This cheesy version of the classic béchamel sauce is perfect for many dishes that need a mild-flavored sauce. You can have Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta
- It’s 1 lb of penne pasta.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Mixed herbs(dried parsley/ Italian seasoning/ Oregano).
- You need 1 cup of grated Parmesan/ Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of Mixed Veggies(carrot, beans, bell pepper, mushrooms).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped onion.
You can use it for macaroni and cheese, cheesy rice, vegetables, and many different pasta dishes. Start to layer the ingredients – Add the penne pasta at the bottom. Evenly spread the tomato sauce all over the penne. Spoon the bechamel sauce slowly without mixing the two sauces.
Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta step by step
- In a large pan, add 4 cups of water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp oil and let it boil well. Then add the pasta, cook as per the package instructions..
- Once pasta is cooked, strain it using a strainer and rinse it once under cold water and keep it aside..
- Melt butter in a medium pan, add garlic, onion and saute for 1 minute over medium heat..
- Then add Veggies and saute for about 3-5 mins. If you want veggies to remain crunchy. Remove the veggies from pan and set aside..
- Meanwhile in another large sauce pan, melt 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil, add 2 tbsp flour and stir well without forming lumps. Then add 1 cup milk(you can add 1/4 cup little heavy cream as well) and mix well..
- Once you get creamy consistency, add 3/4 cup cheese, mixed herbs, pepper,salt,chili flakes and Cook until sauce boils and thickens..
- Stir in the boiled pasta and the sauteed veggies. Toss until the pasta and veggies are coated with the sauce. Taste test and adjust the seasonings at this point. Serve white sauce pasta immediately out of the pan with more grated parmesan cheese if needed. Tastes best when fresh. Enjoy!.
Grate the Parmesan cheese, followed by the Cheddar and then the Mozzarella. Place the baking dish on a parchment-lined baking tray for each cleanup. This crowd-pleasing, vegetarian pasta recipe is begging to be in your weekly roster. I mean, what convincing do you need other than "cheesy" and "pasta?" It's essentially a stovetop mac and cheese, without the fussy step of making a bechamel to thicken the sauce. Get the recipe for Cheesy One-Pot Pasta.