Greek Salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. This authentic Greek salad recipe is made simply with tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, olives, oregano, and a red wine vinaigrette, and lots of feta cheese.
Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. This Greek salad recipe is brimming with flavor – loaded with delicious fresh vegetables, olives, chickpeas, and feta cheese tossed in a light and refreshing greek salad dressing. Our collection of Greek salad recipes has the classic mix you expect plus a few twists on the Tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese — Greek salads are brimming with flavorful ingredients. You can have Greek Salad using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- You need of Greek Salad Dressing.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 8 tbsp of olive oil (EVOO).
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s of Salad.
- Prepare 2 heads of romaine lettuce.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives.
- It’s 4 oz of feta cheese (crumbled).
Greek cuisine features a lot of fresh ingredients like tomatoes and cucumbers, so here are a few recipes for great Greek salads. One of the most famous Greek recipes that anyone who has visited Greece during the Summer vacations has tried it. A classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad dressing made with red wine vinegar. So easy to make, gorgeous bright fresh flavours!
Greek Salad instructions
- Mix together salad dressing ingredients and whisk until combined..
- Chop romaine lettuce across into strips. Then cut the strips in half. (I like to cut the lettuce into bite size pieces).
- Peel, slice, and quarter the cucumber. Slice and chop the tomato..
- Add lettuce, tomato, and cucumber to a salad bowl and add enough dressing to coat. (You don't have to use all the dressing you mixed up)..
- Add olives and feta cheese. Toss salad, and serve..
- It's a great side for chicken kebabs, shawarma, or Mediterranean favorites..
The Greek salad horiatiki is a salad as refreshing and generous as the summer sun. It is a compilation of summer vegetables, roughly chopped with a drizzling of good extra virgin olive oil, a handful of dark. See more ideas about Greek salad recipes, Salad recipes, Greek salad. A traditional Greek salad recipe calls for nothing more than fresh vegetables, feta cheese, and a little olive oil. Enjoy this Greek salad for summer BBQs, Greek dinner parties, picnics, and more.