Simple cooking ultimate Southern style grilled ham easy, bouncy, practical.
13 ingredients, 12 steps, cooking Southern style grilled ham
Good Afternoon mother, now you can cook recipe Southern style grilled ham with 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Next this is how to prepare, please observe carefully.
In cooking there are some levels that should be done, starting to prepare ingredients, cooking tools, and also understand how to start from beginning to culinary is ready to be served and enjoyed. Make sure you has enough time and no is thinking about something else, because will cause the food to burn, taste no appropriate desired, and many others. Immediately, below are 13 ingredients and 12 stages of easy cooking Southern style grilled ham.
Ingredients all Southern style grilled ham
- You need 1 of Raw uncured ham.
- You need 1 of For the brine.
- You need 1 gallon of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of Fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 1 of For the glaze/dipping sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Apple or orange juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brown mustard.
If all basic ingredients Southern style grilled ham it’s ready, We’re going into the cooking stage. Below is how to making with easy.
Southern style grilled ham step by step
- Prepare brine and score skin in an X pattern about 1\2 inch deep let ham soak in brine for at least 12 hours minimum up to 48 hrs.
- Use bakers twine to keep ham from losing it's shape..
- Prepare your grill (I use a big green egg) for indirect heat at 300 to 350. You should use fruit wood for best results..
- Let ham sit at room temperature for about a half hour for even cooking..
- Place on grill fatty side up and have a drip pan underneath..
- After 1st hour turn and baste every half hour with drippings..
- Cook 1/2 hour per pound or until internal temperature reaches 160 in thickest part of meat without touching the bone..
- Apply glaze when desired temperature is reached and let it cook for 20 more minutes..
- Take ham off and reglaze cover with foil and let it rest for 1/2 to 1 hour before carving (This is important).
- For the glaze.
- While ham is cooking combine all of the ingredients for glaze in a sauce pot and stir over med. to med. high heat until it reaches a slow boil. (Do not let sauce get too hot as it will burn the sugar) you want a slow boil for 2 to 3 minutes sauce will start to thicken and when cooled will coat a spoon..
- Do not modify this recipe it is over 110 years old!.
That’s it method easy make with fast recipes Southern style grilled ham, you also do look for more recipes cuisine other interesting on web us, available thousands of various recipes world food and we will continue to add and develop. Starting from culinary healthy fast, tasty, and nutritious to cuisine fatty, difficult, spicy, sweet, salty acid is on our site. Thank you for reading the ultimate recipe Southern style grilled ham.