Kale and romaine lettuce salad. If the kale seems even the tiny bit wilted I'd put it into a salad spinner with very cold water and let it crisp for a few minutes. Then spin the kale dry, dry more with paper towels if needed, and put kale into large salad bowl. Chop the romaine lettuce (discarding root ends and any damaged outer leaves).
I also think it would also be great. Kale and romaine make an ideal combination of greens, but all romaine or all kale is fine: just stay away from tender, wilting leaves like mesclun and Bibb lettuce. Using strong greens also means that the salad can be tossed up to two hours before serving, as long as it is kept cold. You can cook Kale and romaine lettuce salad using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kale and romaine lettuce salad
- It’s 4 leaves of kale.
- Prepare 4 leaves of romaine lettuce.
- Prepare 3 of Roma tomatoes.
- You need Half of a small-medium sized onion.
- Prepare 1 can of medium black olives.
- You need of Bacon bits.
- You need of Hidden valley ranch dressing.
This salad could be the next national favorite and was inspired by a salad I had at a seafood restaurant in Healdsburg, CA. In a large salad bowl mix the carrots, kale, romaine, green onions, raisins, olives. From arugula to spinach to kale, here are the best ones for your health. So which leaves and lettuces should you use in your salad to justify the croutons, bacon, and tasty dressing you add?
Kale and romaine lettuce salad step by step
- Wash the veggies off..
- Be sure to only use the leafy green parts of kale and romaine lettuce, cut out the hard middle pieces..
- Cut up kale in large bowl or pot, be sure not to use any moist, mushy pieces. Lightly wash the kale, it gets soggy easy..
- Cut up the romaine lettuce and add to the bowl with the kale, mix together, I use my hands. Be sure to wash your hands, before you start preparing this..
- Cut up Roma tomatoes, I cut mine in fours down the middle, hold the pieces together, and flip them on their side, and then cut them into pieces, as shown in the picture. Toss them in the salad bowl after your done..
- Cut both ends off the onion. And peel off first layer..
- Dice the onion up (I included a picture of an easy way to dice up onions) and break up the pieces, so they aren't sticking together! (I did not include that picture.).
- Toss the onions in the salad bowl and mix the onions and Roma tomatoes, into the kale and romaine lettuce..
- Drain the black olives. Cut your medium black olives in half and toss them into the salad and mix it together..
- Serve with bacon bits and hidden valley ranch dressing..
We're here to help you find the most nutritious ones. I'm excited to share this delicious salad recipe from Chef Jessica Bella, a talent here in Boulder with unique ideas for creating healthy recipes. I use fresh and crispy romaine as the base (you can also add dark leafy greens like baby spinach, arugula, and kale). If you want to learn more about the. Kale—with its chewy texture, earthy, green flavor, and superfood nutrition profile—is a fantastic base in raw salads.