Red lentils soup. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker. Warm up with this red lentil soup recipe. ___ This hearty red lentil soup is made with simple ingredients like onions, leeks, carrots, celery, crushed canned tomatoes, and red split lentils.
This is a lentil soup that defies expectations of what lentil soup can be. It is light, spicy and a bold red color Add broth, water, red lentils (which cook faster than their green or black counterparts) and. This is the best Red Lentil Soup! You can have Red lentils soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red lentils soup
- Prepare 200 gr of Red lentils.
- It’s 4 of small Chopped Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 tsp of dry mix broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 leaves of laurel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curcumin.
It's slightly spicy, creamy, and quick to prepare. Be sure to pick through your lentils carefully. I somehow always find pebbles or clots of dirt hiding in their midst. Keywords: lentil soup, middle eastern lentil soup, red lentil soup, red lentil soup recipe, turmeric Red lentils break down more than green, I am surprised this is not just intentionally a creamy soup.
Red lentils soup step by step
- Gather the ingredients and boil in a small pot water for the dry mix of broth. In a medium heat for 3 min..
- Cut the onion and tomatoes..
- Leave tomatoes in a side and cook the onions with a tbsp of broth and the olive oil in medium heat..
- Add the tomatoes and the laurel and cook it till the tomatoes are half cooked. In medium to high heat..
- Then put the lentils, the rest of broth, curcumin, salt and pepper and cook it in medium heat for 10 min. Check if they are cooked depends the kind of lentils. If need more add some broth and keep it in the heat till it's done..
- When they are cooked close the heat and serve. You can add bit of dry chilli to spice up the taste. Enjoy!.
This red lentil soup recipe is both vegan and gluten-free! Instant Pot red lentil soup is a healthy vegetarian recipe packed with protein, butternut squash, and Have you taken the plunge and are a proud owner of a shiny new Instant Pot? Hearty, filling and comforting – this red lentil soup is healthy, low fat and a perfect vegetarian soup for a cold winter's evening. Moroccan Red Lentil Soup is a comforting soup recipe. The warm, rich spices of cinnamon, coriander, cumin, paprika and tumeric mix together perfectly to create a flavorful soup.