Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest. An easy, good-for-you soup that will warm you up on a cold day. Serve with freshly baked bread for a filling supper or lunch. Sarah Cook runs through an easy to follow recipe for a tasty carrot and coriander soup.
This version picks up a little spice from the jalapeños and draws out the sweetness from the carrots by roasting them first. This carrot and coriander soup recipe is a classic soup recipe – and it's easy to make in the comfort of your own home. This soup is incredibly simple to make with just a few ingredients. You can have Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest using 1 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp grated ginger, 450g carrots-peeled & chopped, 1/4th cup double cream, handful coriander (3 sprigs), 1/4th tsp ground pepper, 1 cup stock/hot water.
Coriander is the British word for cilantro I think the previous reviewer has confused this with the 'Carrot and Coriander Soup' recipe. This is a lovely soup to make with spring carrots that are not quite as sweet as those in the summer. Coriander is said to have the flavour of roasted orange peel, which. Carrot Coriander soup is creamy smooth and delicious not to mention "souper" healthy.
Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large pan, add grated ginger, then fry for 2 mins until softened..
- Stir in 1 tsp freshly ground coriander and cook for 1 min..
- Add chopped carrots, then And 1.2l vegetable stock or hot water, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat..
- Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender..
- Add ground pepper, salt and double cream. Cook for 2 mins..
- Tip into a food processor with a handful of coriander then blitz until smooth..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Ritz crackers..
I have two stories to tell you: one about. Carrot and coriander is a favourite flavour combination of ours and they make a delicious soup together. It's easy to change up the spices too, to adjust the flavour. You could even make a Mexican. This Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe is suitable for vegan, vegetarian and dairy free diets.