You can have Lentil Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil Soup
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of green lentils (or red).
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s Dash of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk or almond milk.
Lentil Soup instructions
- In a large pot, cook the onion in butter until it's translucent, but not browned.
- Add lentils and vegetable broth. Simmer the broth until the lentils are cooked through (if the soup is too thick, add more broth as necessary).
- Add in fresh chopped parsley and a dash of pepper.
- To make the soup smoother, use an immersion blender and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
- To top it off, mix in milk or almond milk. Serve and enjoy.