Creamy Cheesy Potato Soup.
You can have Creamy Cheesy Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cheesy Potato Soup
- It’s 2 pounds of Russet Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Medium Yellow Onion.
- It’s 3 cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 2 cups of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 8 oz of Muenster Cheese.
- It’s 8 oz of Smoked Gouda.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 package of Thin Sliced Ham or Bacon.
- You need of Salt & pepper (to taste).
Creamy Cheesy Potato Soup step by step
- Peel and Chop potatoes & onion to desired thickness. The smaller the dice the faster the cook time..
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion in pot. Bring to a gentle boil. Season with salt and pepper..
- Melt butter in another saucepan. Once melted whisk in the flour to form a roux. Cook for about a minute..
- Once the roux has cooked out. Add the milk slowly to form a thick bechamel sauce..
- Grate the cheeses and add slowly to the bechamel to create the cheese base. Season with salt and pepper..
- Once the potato & onion mixture has reached desired level of doneness (usually 10 to 15 minutes) add the cheers base to the stockpot. If the soup is too thick you can add water or milk to thin it out. If the soup is too thin, you can cook it a bit long to thicken..
- Chop ham or bacon and saute in a frying pan. Once crispy, remove from heat..
- Serve soup in bowl with the crispy bacon or ham as garnish..