Pea soup. Blitz up a vibrant blend of green pea soup for a light summer starter or lunch. This vegetable pairs well with mint, watercress, courgettes, pesto and prosciutto. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up!
It's good for you, packed full of nutrients, and it still tastes like total comfort. Split Pea Soup is the perfect hearty winter soup to serve your family as it is so easy-to-mak and so good! My family considered this soup as an all-time comfort food. You can have Pea soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pea soup
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 2 cups of cooked or canned peas.
- It’s 1 cup of cold water.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s Sprig of parsley.
- You need 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Celery salt.
A simple pea soup makes an elegant start to a spring meal. It's also a great way to use frozen vegetables when the produce section is looking bleak. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days.
Pea soup step by step
- Put aside one third of peas.
- Add remainder to water stock and seasoning and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Press through a sieve.
- Add butter.
- Let boil few minutes then add 1/2 and 1/2 and remaining peas which have been heated double boiler.
- Serve very hot with little whipped cream and paprika.
Pea soup takes time to make, but mostly cooks unattended. You can start it on a weekend when you're around the house, early in the afternoon, and make enough for a few days' worth of leftovers. Split Pea and Ham Soup • Steamy Kitchen Recipes Giveaways. Split pea and ham soup is so surprisingly easy, especially in a pressure cooker. Green Pea Soup With Ham, Cold Pea Soup, Fresh Pea Soup. vegetable broth, yellow onions, olive oil, peas, salt.