Chicken Soto Soup. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. Keyword indonesian chicken noodle soup, soto ayam. The ultimate comforting Asian noodle soup – soto ayam or Indonesian Chicken Noodle Soup.
Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots.. Recipes Just For You INGREDIENT Indonesian Chicken Noodle Soup (Soto Ayam) European Print This. You can have Chicken Soto Soup using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Soto Soup
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal.
- It’s 1 of lt water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of peper.
- You need 3 of spring onions.
- Prepare 2 of Celery stalks.
- You need leaves of Celery.
- It’s of Rice noodles.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 3 of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s of Grounded spices:.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3 cm of turmeric.
- It’s 2 cm of ginger.
- It’s 4 of candle nuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare of Chili sauce :.
- Prepare 10 of birdeye chilies.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3 of candle nuts.
- You need 1/2 of tap salt.
- Prepare of Water to boil.
This version of the classic Indonesian chicken soup comes from the Hyatt Regency in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In the magazine, they talk about having a no. Soto Ayam is a chicken soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia. This soto ayam recipe is easy, authentic and the best recipe you will find online.
Chicken Soto Soup instructions
- Blend the spices that need to be ground in a blender until smooth..
- Preheat a pot with cooking oil, pour the grounded spices and stir until cooked. Add lemongrass, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir them well..
- After around 3 mins, add the water and chicken into a pot, stir it until the water blends with the spices, add celery stalks, cover the pot and let the chicken cooked really well..
- Meanwhile we prepare for the other stuff, cut the potatoes into 4 and slice thinly like chips and fry them until crispy, put aside..
- Peel boiled eggs and cut into half. Put aside..
- Boil some water and cook the rice noodle for 3 mins until it soften, drain the water with the strainer, put aside..
- Chop celery leaves, put aside..
- If you like spicy we will make the chili sauce for it, boil the chilies, fry garlic and candle nuts with a little bit of oil for 3 mins (don't let them burn) Mash the garlic and candle nuts while hot, add boiled chilies, mash them well, add salt and taste it..
- After the chicken cooked properly, take them out of the soup and shred them, put aside..
- When everything is ready we prepare a bowl to serve it, put rice noodle, shredded chicken, and potato chips, pour the hot soup on top of them, add boiled egg, sprinkle chopped celery leaves, and put chili sauce on the side if you like it spicy..
- You can add rice on the side too. Happy cooking.
Serve with rice noodles or rice cakes for a meal. Take a break from ordinary vegan chicken soup with this Javanese-inspired meal-in-a-bowl with a Editor Scott Mowbray's description of one of his favorite comfort foods, soto ayam, an Indonesian. In Surabaya and its surrounding, SOTO LAMONGAN refers to Soto Ayam Lamongan which can translated as Lamongan style Chicken Soup. Soto (also known as sroto, tauto, or coto) is a traditional Indonesian soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables. Many traditional soups are called soto, whereas foreign and Western influenced soups are called sop.