Stuffed Cabbage Soup. The end of a busy week has come and since we didn't have any soup for dinner this week, I decided that tonight was the night. OH SO GOOD with a unique taste! If you like vegetable soup then this is similar, but with a little bit of sweet taste.
So when I started seeing tons of recipes for Stuffed Cabbage soup, I thought… If you love cabbage rolls, but don't love all the work involved, this quick cooking cabbage roll soup is for you! Today's recipe is one that is a HUGE help to me when I'm trying to cut calories…Stuffed Cabbage Soup. This stuffed cabbage soup gives you all the flavors of the rolls without all the work. You can cook Stuffed Cabbage Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic & herb seasoning.
- Prepare 1.25 pounds of ground beef (90/10).
- It’s 1 of yellow onion diced.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of medium green cabbage (chopped or diced).
- Prepare 2-3 of carrots, cut to your liking.
- It’s 1 (32 oz) of bottle of beef broth.
- You need 3 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 8 oz of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of uncooked white rice.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Optional:parsley.
However, this is stuffed cabbage soup which has a similar taste but it is much easier to make. Top stuffed cabbage soup recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from Full ingredient & nutrition information of the Stuffed Cabbage Roll Soup with Sauerkraut and Macaroni. Stuffed Cabbage Soup has the same ingredients as stuffed cabbage rolls – ground beef, rice, tomatoes, and cabbage – minus the extra time and effort to assemble them. Recipe courtesy of Zoe Feigenbaum and Emma Feigenbaum.
Stuffed Cabbage Soup step by step
- Pour olive oil into pot over medium high heat. Add ground beef, garlic, salt, pepper, & Italian seasoning. Break up meat with spatula & let cook 5 minutes. Then add onion & cook 2-3 minutes..
- Note: you may want to switch to a bigger pot* Add your remaining ingredients to the pot, stir & bring to simmer. Add salt, pepper and more minced garlic if desired. Turn heat down to medium-low and let cook with lid on for 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally, and reduce heat to low for the last 10 minutes. You can add parsley or parmesan cheese for garnish. Enjoy!.
Stuffed cabbage is a comfort-food classic, but it's also a relatively time-intensive dish to make. When you don't have all afternoon to assemble the real deal, this soup will reliably satisfy your stuffed. Cabbage Soup from Delish.com is vegetarian without your realizing. This cabbage roll soup has all the same flavors as classic baked cabbage rolls, but with way less work! This unstuffed cabbage soup is hearty, filling and the perfect choice for an easy dinner option.