Chicken Orzo Soup. Thank you Tiffany for an amazing soup that always makes me feel better! It's a couple chicken breasts/thighs cooked. Nothing says comfort like a bowl of hearty chicken soup.
When you're short on time, our easy-to-make flavorful soup combines boneless chicken breasts with orzo and fresh vegetables for a light and. Okay, it's up to you if you want to eat pasta during Sugar Free January And speaking of whole wheat orzo, if you love it, please try this bright and addicting orzo salad in, like. Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is so comforting and delicious, it's a meal we could eat every week. You can cook Chicken Orzo Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Orzo Soup
- Prepare 10 of skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 8 cups of water.
- You need 1 of whole peeled onion.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 bunch of celery sliced.
- It’s 2 lb of peeled and sliced carrots.
- Prepare 1 (14.4 oz) of can diced tomato.
- You need 1/2 lb of orzo pasta.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- It’s to taste of pepper.
- You need to taste of hot pepper flakes.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
I love making a large pot of soup knowing I'll have leftovers the next day. This lemon chicken soup with orzo is simple to make. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – A chicken soup that's loaded with tiny bits of tender orzo, lean, protein rich chicken breasts, fresh veggies and seasoned with fresh lemon. The first recipe I tried in my new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker was this delicious chicken orzo soup, and wow, was it ever easy to make!
Chicken Orzo Soup instructions
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Pull out the chicken and whole onion and set aside chicken and discard onion..
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Bring back to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking..
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley, cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking..
- Add in shredded chicken, season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired. A little parmesan goes a long way too :).
Any of my friends, family, or coworkers will tell you that I'm kind of a ridiculous fan of soup. This Chicken Lemon Orzo Soup if similar to chicken noodle soup. It's full of juicy shredded chicken, heart-healthy vegetables and a delightful lemony broth! This weeknight chicken soup goes Greek with orzo, lemon juice, and a handful of fresh dill. This lemon chicken orzo soup has got plenty of fresh herbs like rosemary and oregano, uses orzo pasta, and has a squeeze of bright lemon juice.