OHA soup. Oha soup is one of Nigeria's most delicious soup. Learn how to prepare ora soup the exact way an Igbo woman would like to do it, then a lot about other Nigerian foods. And the best oha soup is made from fresh oha leaves.
Oha soup is all I've been craving lately and I really wanted to share my recipe with you. If you've gotten your hands on fresh oha leaves, make a pot of oha soup. This Nigerian specialty is thickened with cocoyam paste and seasoned with smoked fish, dried shrimp, and your favorite meats. You can have OHA soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of OHA soup
- It’s of Palm oil.
- Prepare leaves of OHA.
- You need 8 of small cocoyam.
- You need of Assorted meat ( beef,shaki pkomo.
- Prepare of Dry fish.
- You need of Stock fish.
- Prepare of Yellow pepper.
- You need of Crayfish.
- It’s 2 of stock cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of ogiri igbo.
See great recipes for Oha Soup Recipe, Wheat swallow with oha soup too! Oha Soup, popularly referred to as Ofe Oha by the Igbo people of Eastern Nigeria is an absolutely delicious traditional soup recipe. Oha soup isn't exactly a go-to kind of soup because the main. Oha soup is a traditional soup similar to the bitter leaf soup but cooked with oha leaves.
OHA soup instructions
- Wash and boil cocoyam until soft.
- Boil shaki,(cow tripe)beef,stock fish,and pkomo in 1 litre of water till they are well done.first sign of a done shaki is that the cuts will start curling on itself..
- When the meat is done add dry fish and, stock cubes, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the grinded pepper and crayfish,ogiri igbo and Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the palm oil and then the cocoyam paste in small lumps cover the pot and leave to cook on high heat till all the cocoyam lumps have dissolved.you can add more water if you feel the soup is too thick.
- Add the OHA leaves and leave to cook for about 5minutes.add salt to taste,stir and the soupis ready..
Oha leaves is used in preparing oha soup, it is called ora leaves in some areas in the Eastern part of Nigeria like in. Oha soup(a.ka;Ora/Uha soup or Ofe Oha/uha/ Ora) is a delicious Soup recipe from the eastern part of Nigeria. It is one of those native Igbo soups that you taste and just can't forget. I am a lover of soups and everyone around me knows that. Each time I visit a new environment, all I ask about on entering any of their restaurants is the different types of soups available and I opt for.