Ogbono soup. Ogbono Soup also known as Draw Soup makes eating Fufu Recipes so easy because of its slimy nature which helps the lumps of fufu slide down. Ogbono soup, is a Nigerian igbo dish made with ground dry ogbono seeds (the local name for Irvingia) with considerable local variation. The ground ogbono seeds are used as a thickener, and give the soup a black coloration.
Ogbono Soup – Here is my simple recipe for making Ogbono stew which is often referred to as obe apon in the Yoruba speaking area of Nigeria. Pounded Yam and Ogbono Soup – A tasty and hearty Nigerian soup made from Ogbono seeds (bush mango seeds) added with pre-cooked meat. Ogbono soup (draw soup) is one of the most popular soups in Nigeria. You can cook Ogbono soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ogbono soup
- You need of Stock.
- Prepare of Stock water.
- It’s of Stock fish.
- You need of Dry fish.
- It’s of Locust beans (raw).
- You need of Garlic paste.
- You need of Ginger paste.
- It’s of Cray fish.
- It’s of Soup.
- You need 1/2 bottle of Palm oil.
- You need of Ponmo.
- It’s of Grounded Ogbono 1 big size tin.
- You need of Meat.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Dry peeper.
Here, you will learn how to make this delicious soup and why it falls into the list of Nigerian popular soups. Ogbono soup is one of the quickest Nigerian soups you can make. Chop spinach or bitter leaves and add them to the ogbono soup just before you serve it with fufu or pounded yam. See recipes for Ogbono soup, Title: six recipes ogbono soup too.
Ogbono soup step by step
- Wash and prepare your ponmo(ganda) and boil it(it should not be too soft) when done wash it and drain transfer it Into a pot add seasoning, salt and small amount of water and bring to boil, pour it inside a colander and wash it again.
- In a pot add stock water, stock fish, dry fish, locust bean (here I used both raw and dry, you can add both or single as desired), garlic paste, ginger paste and cray fish. Bring it to soft then keep aside.
- In a different pot add palm oil and fry.
- Add grounded Ogbono and fry together.
- Put dry pepper, add seasoning.
- Add In ponmo.
- Add in stock water/water, put in meat, leave it for 5 mins then add in ugu leaves and allow to simmer for 10 mins or until it draws.
- Immediately after adding Ogbono, lower the fire and continue stirring it, do not add a lot of water.
Grinded ogbono seed, Scotch bonnet Pepper, palm oil, Seasoning, Beef, Ponmo, Mushroom, Dry fish. Ogbono Soup: The Delectable Nigerian Draw Soup Recipe. Enjoy this thick and wholesome Nigerian stew loaded with vegetables and meat in the comforts of your home! Ogbono Soup or Draw Soup, is a popular Nigerian soup recipe made with Ogbono Seeds(wild African bush mango seeds). Ogbono soup has a mucilaginous (slimy) texture, similar to okra soup.