AFitClass Lentil Kale Soup.
You can cook AFitClass Lentil Kale Soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AFitClass Lentil Kale Soup
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of pkg mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 carton (32 oz) of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of 1 cup lentils. Any kind, black beluga lentils are my favorite, but often use green.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Soup addition-Italian flavor.
- You need of 1/3 cup Tomato paste.
- Prepare of Several cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of dried oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Several handfuls of chopped kale, hard stems removed.
AFitClass Lentil Kale Soup instructions
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and clove of garlic and sauté briefly. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock plus fill with water. I like to use empty vegetable stock container x 2. If you like it soupier, add another water. Add one cup of lentils, briefly stir, then lower heat to low and cover. 30 to 40 minutes. The longer it simmers the richer it gets, but you may need more water..
- When almost done simmering, get out a small sauté pan and sauté your olive oil and clove mixture briefly. Add tomato paste and oregano and stir until mixed, for about a minute. When it is nice and combined, stir it into the soup.
- Add kale and leave simmering on low for another 5 minutes or so. Maybe add a little salt and pepper, but many people like to adjust their seasoning as they have a serving.
- That’s it, it’s ready to go! But let it cool off slightly, broth soups can scorch the tongue. I like it with a little splash of hot sauce and crumbled blue corn tortilla chips on top. Pictured below is FitClass Kale Mushroom Soup, and FitClass roasted carrots for dessert..