Simple Leftover Turkey Soup. This homemade paleo turkey soup is one of our favorite go-to recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers. You can really use any veggies or root vegetables in this simple soup. Sweet potatoes are usually abundant around Thanksgiving, but rutabagas, parsnips, jersey yams, or even turnips work just as well.
Of course, you can always use chicken instead. This leftover turkey soup recipe is a delicious and simple way to use up leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken! It is flavoured with onions, celery, carrots, bay If you still have more leftover turkey in your fridge, give my Chicken and Dumpling Soup a try but use turkey! You can cook Simple Leftover Turkey Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Leftover Turkey Soup
- Prepare of Turkey.
- You need of Chicken Stock (I know what your thinking).
- You need of Celery.
- You need of Carrots.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of Creole seasoning.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s Leaves of Basil.
- Prepare of Bay Leaves. (Whole).
- Prepare of Bullion Cubes extra flavor.
Every year I buy a small turkey for. Hearty turkey noodle soup made with leftover turkey in a slow cooker is a great meal for the day after Thanksgiving. All Reviews for Leftover Turkey Soup (Slow Cooker). Definitely give this easy turkey soup a try!
Simple Leftover Turkey Soup instructions
- What you need: Leftover Turkey, Vegetables, Seasonings, Chicken Stock, Water,.
- Rinse and Chop vegetables.
- Add Chopped vegetables to crock pot 1 cup Chicken Stock or 3-4 Bullion Cubes, 1 cup water, You can add more as you go. Season with Creole, Basil, Salt, Pepper, add to desired taste add little at a time. You can always add more you can't take away 😉..
- Chop Turkey into smaller pieces add to crock pot..
- Top with few whole Bay leaves. These will be taken out before eating..
- Cover and let cook for about an hour or 2. Stir and taste. Add more seasons to desired taste. The longer you cook better the flavor..
It's very filling and also pretty healthy too. This recipe is an easy way to pack in extra veggies for your family. It's simple to make, comes together in one pot and is ready in less than an hour. This is the perfect recipe to use up that leftover turkey! My method of making turkey soup is simple, and I don't add the turkey in until nearly the end since it's already cooked and I don't want it to dry out further.