Moroccan Chickpea Soup. This Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe is naturally vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free, it's super easy to make, and it's full of so many rich and delicious flavors. Chickpeas seem to call out for Moroccan spices, so that's what they get here. I make this soup Remove soup from heat.
Ok friends, this Moroccan chickpea soup might not seem like a big deal because of its pretty basic ingredients. Use a potato masher to mash up some of the chickpeas. This Moroccan Chickpea Soup is the perfect cold-weather dish. You can cook Moroccan Chickpea Soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chickpea Soup
- You need 2 of fennel bulbs, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fresh Turmeric root, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh Ginger root, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cilantro stalks, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of whole coriander.
- You need 2 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of anise seed (optional).
- It’s 4-5 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 can of roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- You need 2 cups of packed fresh spinach, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt (give or take to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of Harissa blend spice, or crushed chilies (adjust according to heat preference).
- Prepare of Plain Yoghurt for garnish (plain coconut yoghurt for vegan option).
Thick and hot and full of flavorful spices, this soup is especially satisfying at the end of a winter's day. Harira is a classic Moroccan comfort soup made with tomatoes, lentils, chickpeas, fresh herbs, dried spices, and meat, making it a filling and satisfying dish. This healthy Moroccan Chickpea Soup is a perfectly spiced, healthy and satisfying complete meal, high in protein and loaded with vegetables. This Moroccan chickpea and lentil soup is from the new Mediterranean Table Cookbook, authored by the editors of Prevention and my dearest friend, Jennifer McDaniel.
Moroccan Chickpea Soup instructions
- Toast whole coriander, cumin and anise seeds in dry frying pan until fragrant. Set aside to cool..
- Sauté chopped onions and fennel in large Dutch oven over medium low heat with olive oil until translucent, about 5-10 mins. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cilantro stems. Stir until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Grind whole toasted spices in mortar and pestle until mostly smooth. Add to pot and stir..
- Add can of tomatoes and vegetable stock, onion powder and paprika. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 mins. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Roll off skins if you desire..
- Add chickpeas to pot, and simmer covered for 10 mins..
- Add spinach and cilantro to pot and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a heaping tablespoon of yoghurt. Garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve with flatbread or pita..
Moroccan Chickpea Soup- this vegetarian soup is healthy, heart, and very filling! It's easy to throw This Moroccan Chickpea Soup is my adaption of one of those recipes and I'm super excited to be. Easy Dump & Start Instant Pot recipe for Moroccan Chickpea Soup, a hearty and flavorful dish. Instant Pot Moroccan Chickpea Soup is a hearty, vegan recipe that's simple to make, and is hearty and delicious. The recipe suggests variations to this Moroccan Soup to customize to your tastes.