Easy veggie soup. This homemade vegetable soup is healthy, easy to make, and tastes fantastic. When we're looking for a comforting meal packed with vegetables, this easy veggie soup is where we turn. I made this soup for a holiday dinner and someone asked about how I get some much flavour into a vegetable soup without.
Holy moly—this easy veggie soup is so creamy and sumptuous, you'd never guess it has more than an ENTIRE serving of. This easy and delicious homemade vegetable soup recipe uses vegetable broth and can be adjusted to use the veggies you have on hand. My Momma's Easy Homemade Veggie Soup. You can have Easy veggie soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy veggie soup
- You need 1 liter of veggie stock (I used two Kallo garlic and herb cubes).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of cupid chopped celery.
- You need 2 cups of chopped potatoes.
- You need 1 tbs of or so tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare of Sugar (optional).
- It’s of Fresh dill for garnish.
This is my mom's vegetable soup recipe. It's really good, and it's very easy! These easy vegetarian soup recipes have just what you need to cook up some amazing soups Many of these vegetarian soups also use mushrooms, cauliflower, or extra cheese for a hearty bite. These soups make it easy to eat your veggies.
Easy veggie soup step by step
- In a stock pot or large sauce pan, saute carrots, onions, and celery in the olive oil until tender. I know my mirepoix proportions aren't traditional – you should use what works best for you..
- Add in the stock, potatoes, tomato paste, and thyme. Stir to make sure the tomato paste is thoroughly combined..
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to let simmer..
- In a small pan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add in the flour. Whisk thoroughly to combine and then whisk continuously until the roux turns brown and smells nutty, about six minutes or so for me..
- Turn up the heat on the soup mix and add the roux a bit at a time. Mix to make sure the roux is throughly incorporated, then lower heat to a simmer and reduce to desired thickness — I go for runny but not watery..
- My gf likes things a little sweet, so I added about a 1/2 tsp or so of sugar at this point. Personally, I'd leave it out but it does round the taste a bit..
- Let cool and then refrigerate for at least two hours to let the tastes combine. Reheat, garnish with fresh dill, and serve..
These soups pack in the veggies—and plenty of flavor, too. Soooo much tastier than the jar version! First of all, I do eat vegetables, I'm just a little picky about the way This recipe was great! Easy to follow and so quick. I did make a couple veggie changes… just.