Fakes Soupa (Lentil Soup). Reviews for: Photos of Greek Lentil Soup (Fakes). Greek lentil soup (Fakes soup) is one of the most popular winter Greek dishes, and with good reason! High in nutritional value, simple to prepare with an exquisite taste, this traditional Greek dish is the best way to promote healthier eating habits for you and your family.
Legumes are an important part of the Greek diet, and lentil soup is a filling, warming perennial favorite. Fakes is a very healthy, easy to make, and traditional Greek recipe. This Greek Lentil Soup (called Fakes Soupa, or Faki, in Greek) is my all time favorite lentil soup recipe. You can have Fakes Soupa (Lentil Soup) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fakes Soupa (Lentil Soup)
- Prepare 300 grams of Lentil boiled.
- It’s 1 of Carrot chopped.
- It’s 1 of Onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Potato chopped.
- You need 2 of whole Garlic cloves.
- It’s 150 grams of Bacon cut into small pieces.
- You need 3 of Daphne Leaves/Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 of Fresh tomatoes grated.
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper diced.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
This lentil soup recipe is simplicity at its best. It was one of my favorite things to eat growing up, and it's the perfect thing to eat with some crusty, buttered bread on a cold fall or winter evening. Fakes Soupa is a Greek lentil soup is incredibly hearty and flavorful, is sure to warm you up on a cool winter night. Traditionally, the soup has a small list of ingredients.
Fakes Soupa (Lentil Soup) step by step
- Boil Lentil for at least 15 minutes and drain. In a large soup pan, add about 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil and sauté the Bacon..
- Add in Onion, Carrot, Potato, Bell Pepper, Garlic, and stir..
- Toss in the lentil and continue to stir, so that all is nicely combined..
- Add water, grated tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup Olive Oil and Bay leaves, bring to a boil and let it simmer on low heat for about 1 hour..
- I hope you enjoy this recipe, a bit of a twist from the usual Lentil Soup.
Lentils, onions, garlic, bay leaves, olive oil, and red wine vinegar are all you really need to create a hearty, flavorful, and quite satisfying. This Greek lentil soup recipe is perfect for vegetarians. Lentils are hearty, healthy, and a very filling meal for the whole family. Recipe for Fakes… Written by GreekBoston.com in Authentic Greek Food Recipes, Greek Orthodox Fasting Lenten Recipes, Greek Soup Recipes, Greek Vegan Food Recipes. Fakes is another characteristic Greek comfort food, consumed during the greatest part of the year (Fall to Spring) and is amazing for any This brown lentils soup is widely popular in Greece, and it's a low cost, humble food, which is both tasty and nourishing; lentil is a.