Tom Kha Soup. Tom kha kai, tom kha gai, or Thai coconut soup (Thai: ต้มข่าไก่, pronounced [tôm kʰàː kàj]; Lao: ຕົ້ມຂ່າໄກ່, pronounced [tôm kʰāː kāj]; literally "chicken galangal soup") is a spicy and sour hot soup with coconut milk in Thai cuisine. Authentic Tom Kha Gai – a simple delicious recipe for one of Thailand's most popular soups! This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be.
Literally translated, tom kha gai means "chicken galangal soup." It's made from chicken lightly. Tom Kha Gai (Spicy Coconut Chicken Soup) is one of THE most delicious Asian soups I have ever This version of Tom Kha Gai is the closest to the authentic recipe I have found thus far, but is the. An easy, dairy-free, lightened up version of Thai coconut soup made with coconut milk, ginger, spices and veggies. You can have Tom Kha Soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tom Kha Soup
- Prepare 6 cloves of Garlic.
- You need of Shallots.
- It’s 5 Tbs of Lime juice or 1 lime.
- Prepare of Chilis.
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts or thighs cut into thin slices. Can sub shrimp.
- Prepare 4 cups of quality chicken stock.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of Brown sugar or coconut aminos.
- Prepare of Salt to season chicken.
- You need 4 cups of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of Red curry paste.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Low sodium soy sauce (add last and only if needed).
- It’s 2-3 Tbs of Garlic red chili sauce or red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Mushrooms 2 8 oz packs.
- You need of Ginger 4, one inch pieces peeled.
- Prepare 3 of Lemon grass stalks, pound and cut in half.
- You need 1 of bushel Cilantro.
- Prepare 2 of bushels green onion.
Vegan Tom Kha Gai aka Thai Coconut Soup is creamy, delicious and has so much flavor to it. You only need the right ingredients to make this at home in no time! January is a hard month to get through. Tom Kha Gai (Chicken Coconut Soup)
Tom Kha Soup instructions
- Cut chicken into thin pieces about 1 inch in size. Season and set aside..
- In a medium frying pan heat oil and cook shallots, garlic, tomatoes and chilis until shallots are soft and add to the pan below only once the chicken is done browning..
- Over medium heat oil in a larger pot or skillet (keep in my you're going to be adding 8 cups of liquid to this pan). Add chicken and brown on either side for 1 minutes or so. You don't want to over cook the chicken at this time as it's going to continue to cook in the soup. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside..
- Add chicken stock, lemongrass, red curry paste, and ginger to the chicken pot above and let simmer for 40 minutes..
- Then add the chicken back in and sliced mushrooms, garlic chili sauce, and coconutmilk to the pot. You can also add in other veggies at this time if you want to add more. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce if you choose to use soy sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed..
- Laddle into bowls and top with chopped green onions and cilantro..
Warm coconut broth infused with lemongrass, red curry, ginger. Tom Kha Gai (which also goes by the name tom kha kai) literally translates to chicken galangal soup. Like many Asian dishes, it is best prepared at the last minute for best flavor. In Thailand, tom kha gai (ต้มข่าไก่) is eaten more like a curry instead of a soup, paired with a plate of rice and spooned onto your rice before eating it. In this blog post I'm going to share with you a step by.