Cheeseburger soup. This is a rich soup in which ground beef is sauteed in butter with vegetables and herbs prior to adding milk, cubes of cheddar cheese and sour cream. This Cheeseburger Soup recipe is a rich and cheesy bowl of comfort food made on the lighter side. Cheeseburger soup is always a hit with my family!
Cheeseburger Soup from Delish.com is comfort food at its best. Cheeseburger Soup Sounds Weird, Tastes INSANE. Cheeseburger Soup – All the flavors of a cheeseburger in a creamy, comforting soup, topped with crisp bacon and homemade hamburger bun croutons! You can have Cheeseburger soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger soup
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shredded carrots.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter divided.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of peeled and diced potatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 cups of velveeta.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
This delectable family friendly Cheeseburger Soup brings all the wonderful savory flavors of cheeseburgers together in a creamy cheesy soup with a prefect blend of Italian seasonings. When I first read the words Cheeseburger Soup on the menu of our local deli – my thought was YUCK! This was the special every Friday! Well one Friday I decided to broaden my taste buds and give it a try!
Cheeseburger soup step by step
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside..
- In the same saucepan add 1 Tbsp butter, onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small skillet melt remaining butter (3 Tbsp) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir is cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. SERVE.
Cheeseburger Soup – How To Make Cheeseburger Soup with BaconThe Wolfe Pit. Be the first to rate & review! Whisk together flour and remaining milk in a small bowl until smooth; gradually whisk into soup. A delicious, rich, broth loaded with beef then topped with bacon and cheese for amazing cheeseburger flavor. Bacon cheeseburger soup has all the flavors of my favorite burger but it's perfect for chilly nights and so I'm all about a big juicy burger and this keto cheeseburger soup totally delivers on all those.