Butternut Squash Soup. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! This Butternut Squash Soup recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
Ready in an hour and freezes well. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- You need 1.5 cups of chopped yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 lb of roasted butternut squash.
- Prepare 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock.
This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and makes the soup easier to prepare (as you. Top your butternut squash soup with bacon, mix it with spices, or add it into chili.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat, then add the onion, salt, and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft. Add roasted butternut squash and stir for few minutes..
- Add the stock, bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes at a simmer..
- Puree the soup, either using an immersion blender, or by cooling the soup slightly and blending in a blender..
- Serve as is, or with cheese and a few pumpkin seeds, if desired..
Bonus: the veg is packed with Vitamin A and fiber, so you'll actually feel full after a bowl of one of these soups. A soul-warming, flavorful soup that's perfect for fall and winter. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through.