Pumpkin soup. Whip up this easy pumpkin soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve. Looking for the best Pumpkin Soup recipes? Get recipes like Spicy Pumpkin Soup, Curried Squash and Pear Soup and Curried Butternut Squash Soup from Simply Recipes.
Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States. You can cook Pumpkin soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- It’s 150 g of pumpkin peices.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 50 grams of red lentils.
- It’s 1 tbls of butter, 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs. Cream is stirred in at the end for added richness. These pumpkin soup recipes are like the ultimate experience of fall. They're packed with seasonal flavor, are easy to make, and will fill your house with happiness and warmth.
Pumpkin soup step by step
- In a pot add the pumpkins and the chopped onions and carrots, add butter, black pepper, salt and oil and stir fry it for 10mn.
- Add 25oz of water (over half a liter) or you can use vegetable broth as well, add the lentils and let simmer until the broth thickens a bit (15-25mn).
- Remove the pot and add cheese or fresh cream, or 70g of natural yogurt, mix well until smooth and serve.
Pumpkin soup is what we all crave come October, but the idea of starting with an actual pumpkin? The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? Today I'm sharing with you a recipe to make Roasted Pumpkin Soup. It's delicious and a super easy and healthy recipe to make. Your mama's gonna be so proud.