Butternut Squash Soup.
You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 1 of medium butternut squash, peeled & diced (about 3 cups).
- It’s 2 Tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large white onion, diced.
- You need 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of S&P.
- Prepare 1 of ” fresh ginger, minced or grated.
- You need 4 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 cups of low sodium vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 cup of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 2 Tbs of natural peanut butter.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Add oil to soup pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and cook until almost translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add squash and sauté a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce, spices, ginger, yeast and mix.
- Add broth, cover and simmer on medium low heat about 10 minutes or until squash is very soft.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add peanut butter and stir til melted.
- Using immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, use traditional blender and purée soup in stages.
- Use chopped green onion, roasted peanuts, a swirl of unsweetened coconut milk, raw pepitas or pomegranate arils for garnish.