Tomato soup. Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways. It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes that include chunks of tomato, cream, chicken or vegetable stock, vermicelli.
Better than a can of Campbell's and just. Warm up with our rich tomato soup recipes. These top picks are freezable and include family-friendly, vegetarian and. You can have Tomato soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato soup
- Prepare 4-5 of tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh cream.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of corn flour (optional).
- It’s of Some mixed fresh herbs(optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Silky tomato soup is like the little black dress of soups. Unadorned and paired with a grilled cheese sandwich, it's a comforting lunch. You wouldn't think that three ingredients — butter, onion, and tomato — can come together to make such a velvety and delicious tomato soup, but let me tell you. This is my best tomato soup recipe with a simple but delicious twist which starts by roasting tomato and garlic for seriously intense flavour!
Tomato soup instructions
- Pressure cook tomatoes and carrot, keep it aside let it cool down.
- Heat up the pan add 1/2 spoon of butter, then add sliced onion, garlic sauté for 3-4 minutes keep it aside let it cool down.
- Grind cooked tomatoes, carrot, onion and garlic to fine paste.
- Add required amount of water and fine ground paste to a big pan, let it allow to boil for 5-6 minutes then add black pepper powder, chilli powder and sugar to it.
- Add salt to taste, add 1 teaspoon of butter to it then let it boil for 1 more minute, if the soup is watery consistency then add diluted corn flour (1 spoon of corn flour + 2 spoons of water mix it well with no lumps).
- Stir it really well for 2 more minutes. Add some fresh herbs to it (optional) then Soup is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with bread crumbs and garnish with fresh cream.
Find recipes for creamy tomato soup, roasted tomato soup, and more! Quick and creamy tomato soup with pesto. You can spice this up with hot sauce or chile oil if you like it hot. This tomato soup recipe is ultra creamy, but not full of cream—watch this short recipe video to see how. Tomato soup is a healthy, low-calorie comfort food.