Dill Pickle SOUP. The surprise of dill pickles in this easy, savory soup with a chicken broth base makes it a novelty dish worth trying. Reviews for: Photos of Dill Pickle Soup. This creamy Polish dill pickle soup recipe is common in Eastern Europe where pickling is a This recipe for Polish creamy dill pickle soup or zupa ogórkowa (ZOO-pah oh-goorr-KOH-vah) is the.
Pickle soup is a style of soup prepared with various types of pickled vegetables. Dill pickle soup is a variety of pickle soup prepared with pickled cucumber. Some versions use grated dill pickle in their preparation. You can cook Dill Pickle SOUP using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dill Pickle SOUP
- You need 48 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 jars of pickles.
- Prepare 2-3 of potatoes (diced or grated).
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
Stir in cheese, pickles and pickle juice. Bring to simmer and let thicken, about five minutes. Amazing Polish Dill Pickle Soup Recipe – A creamy potato soup with tangy pickles speckled throughout. This is pure Polish comfort food!
Dill Pickle SOUP step by step
- Add chicken broth, butter, and potatoes to a large pot and boil for about 10 minutes..
- While it’s boiling, mix together sour cream, flour, and half cup of pickle juice in a large bowl. Make sure it’s runny and not thick or it will make flour balls..
- Add 1.5 cups of chopped pickles to the pot and then add the flour mixture while stirring. Keep lightly boiling for another ten minutes..
- Add two cups of pickle juice (pretty much what’s left of the two jars) and some cracked pepper to the pot. Add cayenne pepper if you want it spicy..
- Let cool and top with fresh chopped pickles..
This Dill Pickle Soup (or "Zupa Ogorkowa" in Polish) is the most popular Polish soup of them all. Here, you will find a traditional Polish recipe for pickle soup. For some, it may sound strange. An other dish my Momma made! Very Inexpensive for when times are hard!