Crawfish soup. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and add crawfish. Crawfish and Corn Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The Best Crawfish Soup Recipes on Yummly
Crawfish Soup (Chowder): Creamy Crawfish Corn Chowder is a hearty dish that goes a long way. If you like real cajun food, this is a great one to try. Don't worry about making too much because it. You can have Crawfish soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- It’s 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- You need 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- It’s 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- Prepare 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- It’s 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- It’s 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of large carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- You need 2 sprig of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
Crayfish are eaten all over the world. Like other edible crustaceans, only a small portion of the body of a crayfish is edible. In most prepared dishes, such as soups, bisques and étouffées, only the tail portion is served. You can also use frozen crawfish tails, it saves time from peeling the tails.
Crawfish soup step by step
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
Sauté vegetables in butter until tender. Add flour and stir until blended. Add milk, corn, potato soup, crawfish and seasonings. Louisiana Crawfish Corn Soup – Quick and Easy Crawfish Soup Recipe. Crawfish Corn Soup might be one of my favorite quick and easy healthy Cajun recipes.