You can have Strawberry Soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Soup
- It’s 1 pound of fresh strawberries, cut into large chunks.
- It’s 1/4-1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of plain yogurt, or sour cream, or creme fraiche.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk or cream.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, or to taste.
- You need of Garnish: Softly Whipped Cream.
Strawberry Soup step by step
- Wash and cut the strawberries in half (or quarters if using large strawberries). Place in your food processor and pulse just to break up the strawberries. Then add the sugar, yogurt, milk, and lemon juice and process just until combined. (You do not want a smooth soup you want there to be small chunks of strawberries in the soup.) Adjust the ingredients to taste. You can serve the soup immediately, but it's best if you cover and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving..
- Ladle the strawberry soup into dessert bowls and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream or sour cream, if desired. Makes about 3 – 4 servings..
- More notes- this recipe is adjustable, maybe you have strawberries you just need to use up and have half a container, just Scale down the rest of the ingredients..