Blue Mushroom Soup.
You can have Blue Mushroom Soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blue Mushroom Soup
- It’s 4 T. of Butter.
- It’s 1 of med. Onion, minced.
- It’s 4 of lg. Garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1.5 lb. of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 c. of Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Thyme.
- You need 1/3 c. of Sherry.
- It’s 6 c. of Chicken stock (or veg. stock).
- You need 1-1/3 c. of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of Blue cheese, crumbled.
Blue Mushroom Soup step by step
- In large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter and stir in onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer..
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire, and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to coat the mushrooms. Cook 2 more minutes, stirring..
- Stir in the sherry. Cook, stirring frequently and scraping brown bits from bottom of pan, until liquid reduces about half (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the stock and cook 20 minutes..
- Remove most of the mushrooms, with some soup liquid, into a container to blend. (I used a 6 cup glass measuring cup.) Puree with an immersion blender until smooth, then stir the puree back into the soup..
- Add the cream, blue cheese, and nutmeg and stir until incorporated and cheese is melted..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
- * Makes about 10 appetizer-size servings; 5-6 meal-size servings.