Toscana soup. This soup is sure to warm your bones on a chilly night and won't leave you hungry. Classic zuppa toscana soup, in slow cooker form! My husband's favorite soup is Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana, so naturally I wanted to find a way to have it at home (for way less money)!
Learn how to make Zuppa Toscana soup as made popular by Olive Garden! The whole family will love this copycat One Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup! Loaded with bacon, sausage, potatoes, and kale! You can have Toscana soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Toscana soup
- Prepare 2 3/4 cups of chicken stock or broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 of Medium russet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of Chopped kale.
- You need 1/2 pound of sweet Italian sausage or spicy.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Zuppa toscana is a broad based term, literally meaning "Tuscan soup". Classic zuppa toscana normally is a soup made from kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, tomato pulp, extra virgin olive oil, salt, powdered chili, toasted Tuscan bread, and rigatino (an Italian bacon). Looking for an Olive Garden soup recipe? This Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup from Delish.com is the best.
Toscana soup instructions
- Combine stock and cream in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Sliced or unpeeled potatoes and a half inch slices then quarter the slices and add to the soup.
- Add kale.
- Grill or sauté the sausage. When cooked, slice the sausage into about 1/4 to half inch thick slices. Add the sausage to the soup..
- Add spices and let soup simmer for about an hour. Stir occasionally..
We cracked Olive Garden's most popular soup recipe. This is a clone of the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. Tried and true, approved by former Olive Garden chefs. Serve this hearty soup with a light salad and, if you really feel like going all-out, some savory herbed breadsticks. Zuppa Toscana (Better than Olive Garden!) Zuppa Toscana Soup.