You can have Apple Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Soup
- Prepare 5 of golden delicious apples, washed and cored.
- You need 5.5 oz of butter.
- You need 1 qt of milk.
- Prepare 1 qt of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chicken broth powder.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need of For serving:.
- Prepare to taste of ground nutmeg (savory version).
- You need to taste of ground cinnamon (sweet version).
Apple Soup instructions
- Make sure you thoroughly wash the apples, and core them. Dice one of them and keep it soaked in water to prevent oxidation. Chop the other four and blend them with the milk and chicken broth until smooth..
- In a pot, add butter, salt, and pepper. Melt at medium heat.
- Add the pureed apple to the pot and cook until little bubbles show up. Add the cream and keep cooking until it starts to boil (careful, you know how milk behaves as it nears the boiling point…).
- Distribute the diced apple cubes in plates and serve the piping hot soup on top..
- Add nutmeg or cinnamon (depending on whether you want a savory or sweet soup), and enjoy!.