Kimchi Soup. Green onion, hot pepper paste, kimchi, pork, pork belly, sugar, tofu, water. Kimchi Jjigae (김치찌개) also known as Kimchi stew or Kimchi soup is probably the most common way of consuming some aged Kimchi. It is a such a staple food in Korean households that typically.
This basic recipe for kimchi soup only calls for a handful of ingredients and is quick and easy to make. Basic kimchi soup, healthy and easy to make. It is delicious served with rice or by itself. You can cook Kimchi Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Soup
- It’s 1 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Prepare 3 of gloves garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ginger chopped.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of gochujang.
- Prepare 1 cup of kimchi chopped.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 block of tofu (soft or firm) diced into 1 in cubes.
- It’s of 2 eggs.
- It’s 2 of scallions chopped into 1 in pieces.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s of Rice noodles (optional).
Kimchi-jjigae (김치찌개) or kimchi stew is a jjigae, or stew-like Korean dish, made with kimchi and other ingredients, such as pork or seafood, scallions, onions, and diced tofu. It is one of the most common stews in Korean cuisine. A simple easy recipe for Kimchi Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms, Silken Tofu and Kale that is vegan and gluten-free adaptable. This spicy kimchi jjigae (kimchichigae) or kimchi stew is a favorite winter meal in Korea.
Kimchi Soup step by step
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 min. Add gochujang and sauté for 1 min.
- Add kimchi and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock and fish stock and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to simmer and add tofu. Simmer for 5-10 min..
- Crack eggs directly into soup and stir quickly. Eggs should become stringy (like egg drop soup).
- Add scallions, cooking wine and sesame oil. Simmer for 2 min.
- Enjoy with a side of rice or rice noodles!.
Spicy Kimchi Stew (Kimchi Jjigae or Kimchichigae). Press down on the kimchi until the brine (the liquid that comes out) rises. Napa Cabbage Kimchi from 'Maangchi's Real Korean Cooking'. Traditional style kimchi recipe that can made into all kinds of Korean side dishes from soups to fried rice. Simmer until tofu is heated through.