Japanese Soup Stock (Dashi).
You can cook Japanese Soup Stock (Dashi) using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Soup Stock (Dashi)
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 15 cm of square Kombu kelp.
- Prepare 40 g of dried bonito flakes.
Japanese Soup Stock (Dashi) step by step
- Basic soup stock in Japan is amazingly easy to make. Use Dashi for various Japanese dishes..
- I used teabags. You can get this item at 100 yen shops. Put some bonito flakes in the teabags..
- Put some water in a jar. Soak the kombu kelp and the bonito flakes in the water. Store in a fridge overnight..
- After soaked..
- Remove the kombu kelp and the bonito flakes..
- Use the Dashi for any types of dishes. Now your Dashi is ready!.
- Put the Dashi in an ice tray. The iced Dashi can be stored in a freezer for about 2 weeks..