Clams in Broth / Clear Soup.
You can cook Clams in Broth / Clear Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Clams in Broth / Clear Soup
- It’s 1 of kilo clams.
- It’s 2-3 of small tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of whole small ginger, jullienned.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2-3 bunches of sili (chili) leaves, stems removed and washed.
- It’s 2 c of water or more.
- Prepare 1/4 c of 7-up or sprite, optional.
- Prepare to taste of Fish sauce.
Clams in Broth / Clear Soup instructions
- Clean/scrub clam shells. Discard open ones, they are dead..
- In a pan, sauté in butter, the garlic and onions until cooked. Add the tomatoes and ginger. Continue sautéing then transfer to a pot..
- Add the clams and mix a bit, then add water enough to cover the shells. Add fish sauce according to how salty you want it. Add more ginger if desired. Add 7-up if desired, for sweetness. Stir in the chili leaves. Taste and adjust accordingly..
- Bring to a boil until clams open. Turn off heat. Discard closed shells. Serve while hot..