Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta.
You can have Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta
- Prepare 2 of medium green bell peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (diced).
- You need 1 cup of fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 lb. of turkey sausage.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- You need 14 1/2 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 3 cups of whole wheat penne pasta.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of grated parmesian cheese.
Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta instructions
- Cook penne according to directions on box..
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add green pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic; cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until almost tender, about 7 to 8 minutes..
- Remove turkey from casings; add turkey to skillet and brown until no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and oregano; stir in tomatoes. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes..
- Put sausage and vegetables over penne and top with parmesan cheese..