My Garlic Bacon Pasta.
You can have My Garlic Bacon Pasta using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Garlic Bacon Pasta
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 oz of angel hair pasta.
- It’s 6-8 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of Fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare of Grated parmesan cheese.
My Garlic Bacon Pasta step by step
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the salt and cook the pasta until done..
- Once the pasta is cooked reserve 2 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta..
- Chop the bacon into smallish dice, add a tablespoon of the olive oil to a frying pan then cook the bacon over medium high for 4-5 minutes until crispy..
- Once the bacon is crisp, remove it from the pan using a slotted spoon, leaving the oil and bacon grease behind..
- Reduce the heat under the pan and add the remaining olive oil and the minced garlic. Stir constantly for 2 minutes and as soon as the garlic has softened but not yet colored, add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and turn the heat back up..
- Boil this mixture for a minute then add in the now drained pasta, keeping the frying pan on the heat..
- Add a further 1/2 cup of pasta water and toss and stir the pasta in the sauce until it is cooked to your liking. You might need to add more pasta water..
- Once your garlic 'sauce' has coated the pasta, add the cooked bacon and any collected juices back into the pasta then season to taste. (Depending on the saltiness of your bacon you might need salt, add some pepper to.).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan. Also could add some capers to it..